image description

CROP Walk Continues to Raise Money

September 27th, 2011 by WCBC Radio

Just a few weeks remain until the annual  CROP Walk in Cumberland- and Sandy Cowan, county coordinator for the Christians Relating to Other People event, says he hopes donations will be plentiful for the event which is in its 40th year. Cowan, who said the event wasn’t held 1993, 1994 or 1995, was a guest on WCBC’s “Dave Norman Show” this week and said that the  hungry are always out there and they are always going to be there- and that the community needs to be there for them. Individual communities play a big part in the overall fundraising efforts. Since 1988, Lonaconing has raised $161,000 from the CROP Walk with $40,264 going to the food pantry. Cumberland raised $10,000 last year with 25 percent going toward local food pantries and the other 75 percent to Church World Services. About $25,000 was raised county wide. Westernport, he says, just collected more than $4,100. This year’s event is slated for Sunday, October 9th .





Leave a Reply

 




Sign up for WCBC
exclusive Text messages
by texting [WCBC] to 68398.





View Mobile Site