image description

Oakland Area Fire Blazed On Wood Stove Insert

November 13th, 2017 by WCBC Radio

A house fire near Oakland Sunday morning is being blamed on an improperly installed woodstove insert. 

The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s office says the blaze did a total of $150,000 in damage to the Lynn Sisler residence. 

It took 30 firefighters 20 minutes to bring the fire under control.  The family is being helped by friends and neighbors.

MARYLANS STATE FIRE MARSHAL

NOTICE OF INVESTIGATION

 

Date: November 11, 2017

Time: 9:00 a.m.

Location / Address:  8696 Gorman Road, Oakland, Garrett County

Type of Incident:  structure fire

Description of Structure / Property: two-story single family wood-frame dwelling

Owner / Occupants:  Lynn Sisler

Injuries or Deaths:  none

Estimated $ Loss: Structure: $100,000   Contents: $50,000

Smoke Alarm Status:  present and activated

Fire Alarm / Sprinkler Status: not required

Arrests(s):  none

Primary Responding Fire Department: Oakland

# of Alarms: 1   # Of Firefighters: 30

Time to Control: 20 minutes

Discovered By: passing motorist

Area of Origin: interior first floor living room

Preliminary Cause: accidental – improperly installed woodstove insert

Additional Information: Family is displaced and are being assisted by family and friends.

Leave a Reply

 



View Mobile Site