image description

Arrest made related to recent string of burglaries

October 10th, 2016 by WCBC Radio

On 10/09/2016 members of the Cumberland Police arrested 30 year old Robert Brian Winner, no fixed address, on an open warrant that had been obtained as a result of an investigation into a series of burglaries at local Cumberland taverns.


On 08/31/2016, at approximately 2:56 AM, the Cumberland Police responded to Woodchux bar on Greene Street in Cumberland after a neighbor called in to report a  burglary in progress. When Officers arrived they found that the business had been broken into and after the owner arrived, determined that an undisclosed some of cash and coins had been taken. A search of the business and nearby area was conducted, but the suspect was not located at that time.


            On 10/02/2016 the Cumberland Police responded to the Valley Tavern on Valley Street in Cumberland after the owner of the business called in to report that the tavern had been broken into sometime over night. It was discovered that the suspect removed an undisclosed some of cash and coins from the business.


            Investigators obtained video surveillance from both businesses.


            On 10/07/2016 Winner was interviewed by Investigators with the Allegany County Combined Criminal Investigation Unit (C3I)  in relation to another unrelated incident. While he was being interviewed, Investigators noticed that Winner was wearing the same clothing as the suspect in the surveillance videos. Further review of the video confirmed the Investigators suspicions, and a warrant was obtained for Winner's arrest.


            Winner has been charged with two counts of 2nd Degree Burglary, five counts of 4th Degree Burglary, two counts of Theft, and a single count of Malicious Destruction of Property, for both crimes. He was taken before a District Court Commissioner for an initial appearance, and is currently being held at the Allegany County Detention Center on $50,000.00 bond, pending his next court appearance.


            The investigation is continuing by the Cumberland Police and C3I.


Leave a Reply

View Mobile Site