image description

Garrett County Blaze

November 12th, 2016 by WCBC Radio

An electrical fire Thursday destroyed a residence at 88 Hoyes Run Road, leaving a family of four homeless. The family of John and Brenda Morris lost their home and all of its contents in the 1:54 p.m. incident. Emergency assistance was provided to the family by the American Red Cross.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office said the fire was discovered by a passerby and handled by the Deep Creek Volunteer Fire Department and allied companies.

 

Investigation determined the fire originated in an exterior wall of a bedroom due to an electrical failure.

The residence was declared a complete loss by the fire marshal's office with property loss estimated at $6,000 to the single-story dwell and $4,000 to contents.

Leave a Reply

 



View Mobile Site