image description

LaVale Fire

January 7th, 2014 by WCBC Radio

Seven local fire companies responded to a fire at a two story home on "A" Street in LaVale last night.

Allegany County 911 says that units were called to the Amy Shirey residence at 9:30 PM and fought the blaze until midnight.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal's office reports the blaze was caused by electrical wiring that arced and caught a couch on fire.  Damage is estimate at $50,000, and the victims are being assisted by other family members.

Fire department dispatched to the scene included LaVale, Corriganville, Ellerslie, Bowling Green, Cresaptown, Mount Savage and Frostburg.  Midland was on stand by at LaVale.

LaVale Ambulance, Potomac Edison, Columbia Gas, the county roads department and the Maryland State Highway Administration also responded.

 

Leave a Reply

 



View Mobile Site