image description

Lonaconing Fire Caused By Bad Light Fixture

February 21st, 2017 by WCBC Radio

Friday evening, WCBC reported that units had been dispatched to a fire on Old Beechwood Road in Lonaconing.

The Maryland State FIre Marshal's office says that fire did $40,000 in damage and was caused by a faulty light fixture above the front porch.

Thirty firefighters responded to the 8 PM call.  The fire was under control within 10 minutes.  The occupants of the dwelling were displaced and are being assisted by family members. 

 

NOTICE OF INVESTIGATION

Date: February 17, 2017

Time: 8:14 pm

Location / Address:  15503 Old Beechwood Rd, Lonaconing, Allegany County

Type of Incident: structure fire

Description of Structure / Property: two-story wood frame single-family dwelling

Owner / Occupants: Donald E. Walker, Jr.

Injuries or Deaths: none

Estimated $ Loss: Structure: $30,000   Contents: $10,000

Smoke Alarm Status:  none present

Fire Alarm / Sprinkler Status:  not required

Arrests(s): none

Primary Responding Fire Department: Goodwill

# of Alarms: 1   # Of Firefighters 30

Time to Control: 10 minutes

Discovered By: neighbor

Area of Origin: front porch ceiling

Preliminary Cause: accidental – electrical malfunction in light fixture

Additional Information: Occupants were displaced and is being assisted by family members.

 

Leave a Reply

 



View Mobile Site