image description

Mount Savage Man Displaced by Saturday Fire

February 24th, 2020 by WCBC Radio

A Mount Savage man was displaced as the result of a Friday morning fire on Rollesville Road.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal's office says $4000 in damage was done to a single family mobile home.which started due to a malfunctioning kerosene heater.

Martin Huggins suffered minor burns to his face and hands, but refused medical treatment.

MARYLAND FIRE MARSHAL

NOTICE OF INVESTIGATION

Date: February 21, 2020

Time: 8:30 a.m.

Location / Address:  11623 Rolleville Road, Mt. Savage, Allegany County

Type of Incident:  structure fire

Description of Structure / Property:  single-family mobile home

Owner / Occupants:  Martin L. Huggins 

Injuries or Deaths:  Mr. Huggins received minor burns to face and hands.   Refused medical treatment.

Estimated $ Loss: Structure: $3,000      Contents: $1,000

Smoke Alarm Status:  none present

Fire Alarm / Sprinkler Status: not required

Arrests(s): none

Primary Responding Fire Department: Mt. Savage Volunteer Fire Dept.

# of Alarms: 1      # Of Firefighters: 40

Time to Control: 15 minutes

Discovered By:   owner

Area of Origin:  interior living room area

Preliminary Cause: accidental – kerosene heater malfunction

Additional Information: Occupant was displaced and is being assisted by the American Red Cross.

Leave a Reply



View Mobile Site