image description

BREAKING: DelFest Decision Likely After June 10th Meeting

May 30th, 2020 by WCBC Radio

The McCoury Family says that, while it's likely that the next DelFest will be in 2021, they will meet with Maryland and Allegany County officials on June 10th to come to a final decision.

There is a slim chance the 2020 DelFest could be rescheduled for late in the summer or early fall, but that may "take a miracle," according to the following letter from Rob and Ronnie McCoury.



We didn’t think it was possible, but DelFest at Home was so fun and moving, that we almost feel like we had a real festival. Nothing will ever compare to being at the Allegany County Fairgrounds with all of you, but watching the performances (many that we didn’t have time to watch the first time around), sharing your comments, photos from home, well wishes, and being able to interact with the staff, crew, fans, and many dear friends touched us…and most importantly, gave us a deeper appreciation for the community that is DelFest. We’ll be sharing some stats and highlights with you later today, including some great #delfestathome setups.

With all of this in mind, it makes it even harder for us to make a final decision on where to go next with DelFest, because we know this decision impacts so many. It’s clear through the comments this weekend that most of you think that the most likely scenario is for DelFest to come back in 2021. We haven’t officially let go of the idea of a late summer 2020 festival, though we know it would take a miracle for that to happen. We appreciate your patience as we have waited things out, but it’s time to make a decision. On June 10, we will meet with state, regional, and local officials, and then use their recommendations to make the best decision for the fans and the community, which we will share with you immediately.

Here are couple of things we committed to in April, that bear repeating:

If your circumstances are such that you need a refund at this time, please click on the form below, and we will work with you. If you can stick with us, knowing that your tickets will be valid for a future DelFest, we appreciate it.

Let us assure you, there is no possibility that we would ever make a decision that would put our dad and mom at risk, so we would never ask you to put your family at risk

Continue to be safe, love on your families, and stay tuned for a final decision on June 10. Thank you all for being part of our family. We look forward to getting together with you again, whenever that may be.


Rob and Ronnie
on behalf of the entire McCoury Family

Leave a Reply