image description

Man Hospitalized After Splashing Chemicals in Motel Room

May 18th, 2020 by WCBC Radio

One patient was transported from Motel 6 in stable condition after splashing oven-cleaner in his face, according to emergency service officials. 

“EMS units were dispatched just before 8 p.m. to the Motel 6 at 12310 Winchester Road in LaVale for a reported male with chemicals burns to the face,” Lt. Todd Bowman, public information officer for the Allegany County Department of Emergency Services said. “The male, attempting to clean a microwave in his room, reportedly broke the top of the bottle of cleaning solution off and splashed the chemicals in his eyes, prompting the call for EMS.”

An ambulance from Cresaptown and an Allegany County Department of Emergency Services EMS supervisor responded to the incident.

The male, approximately 30-years-old was transported to UPMC- Western Maryland in stable condition. 

Law enforcement was dispatched on the initial alert, but was cancelled by first responders on the scene. 

2 Responses to “Man Hospitalized After Splashing Chemicals in Motel Room”

  1. May 18, 2020 at 2:27 pm, Bob said:

    What a moron on multiple levels including using caustic oven cleaner on a microwave oven.

    Reply

  2. May 18, 2020 at 5:20 pm, FedUp said:

    Doesn’t pass the smell test. More likely trying to “cook” some meth or something else. Why would you clean a microwave in a room you are staying at?

    Reply

Leave a Reply



View Mobile Site