image description

Martin’s evacuated early Wednesday

August 14th, 2019 by WCBC Radio

The Cumberland Times News reports the Martin's Food supermarket on Winchester Road was evacuated Wednesday when smoke filled the business due to an apparent faulty fan in a refrigeration unit.

The incident occurred at about 8:45 a.m., prompting alert of LaVale Volunteer Fire Department and allied volunteer fire companies.

Radio communications of first-responders indicated the store was evacuated prior to the arrival of firefighters,

Electrical service was shut off shortly after units arrived on the scene following alert by the Allegany County 911 emergency center.

The business is located at 12101 Winchester Road.

Leave a Reply