image description

Suspect Arrested in Home Invasion

January 13th, 2012 by WCBC Radio

On 01/12/2012 23 year old Brendan Patrick Orr, of Kensington, MD, formerly of Frostburg, was arrested in Kensington by members of the Montgomery County Police’s 2nd and 3rd District Special Assignment Teams. Orr was wanted in Allegany County in connection with a home invasion robbery which occurred on 01/06/2012.

During the early morning hours on 01/06/2012, Orr entered a private residence on Gill’s Hill in Lonaconing and met with the 34 year old male victim and the 54 year old female victim. Shortly after Orr arrived, two other suspects entered the residence. According to the victims, the suspects displayed handguns, fired a shot into the ceiling, and demanded “drugs and money” from the victims.

The suspects grabbed a baseball bat they found in the residence, and proceeded to assault the male victim, striking him repeatedly with the bat. They removed an undisclosed sum of cash from the male victims pant’s pocket and fled the residence.

The victims contacted 911 and the Maryland State Police responded to the scene. The female victim was familiar with Orr and named him as a suspect, but was only able to provide limited descriptions of the other two suspects.

The first suspect is described as 5-09 to 5-10 in height, thin build, and possibly a male. The second suspect is described as 5-06 to 5-08 in height, thin build, and possibly a female. Both suspects were completely covered and were wearing masks to hide their faces.

A joint investigation by the Maryland State Police and the Allegany County Combined Criminal Investigation Unit (C3I) was initiated. Based on the identification of Orr as a suspect, C3I Investigators were able to obtain an arrest warrant for Orr.

Members of the C3I Warrant/Fugitive Unit developed information that Orr was at a private residence in Kensington. They were able to coordinate with the Maryland State Police Apprehension Unit and the Montgomery County Police. Members of the Montgomery County Police Special Assignment Teams set up surveillance on the residence and were able to observe Orr in the residence.

Orr was contacted by telephone and advised to exit the residence and surrender himself. He refused. After approximately an hour long stand-off, negotiators were able to convince Orr to exit the residence and peacefully surrender.

Leave a Reply

View Mobile Site