image description

Facing theft charges, Ridgeley man turns himself in

May 20th, 2020 by WCBC Radio

On 05/20/2020 53 year old William Ray Fink, of Ridgeley, WV, turned himself in to Investigators with the Allegany County Combined Criminal Investigation Unit (C3I) after warrants had been issued for his arrest in two separate cases. 

  On April 30, 2020 the Cumberland Police responded to Cumberland Outdoor Power on Garden View Drive for a reported theft. Initial responding officers learned that two Cub Cadet zero turn lawn mowers and a trailer had been stolen overnight. The total loss was over $18,000.00.


            The Allegany County Sheriff's Office was contacted about another theft, which occurred on 05/10/2020, this time from a construction site on Winchester Road. Reported stolen during this theft was an extension ladder, drainage pipe, and erosion netting. The total loss was over $2000.00.


            Investigators with the Allegany County Combined Criminal Investigation Unit (C3I) were able to review surveillance video and photos from both incidents. Investigators determined that both thefts were committed by the same suspect.


            Surveillance photos from the Winchester Road incident were published on the Allegany County Sheriff's Office Facebook page. Several calls were received identifying Fink as the suspect.


            C3I Investigators contacted the Mineral County Sheriff's Office and coordinated with Deputies to obtain a search warrant for Fink's residence, located on Power Lane in Ft. Ashby. On 05/14/2020 C3I Investigators, with the assistance of the Mineral County Sheriff's Office and the West Virginia State Police, responded to the residence and executed the search warrant.


            At that time the ladder and erosion netting were recovered. Fink was interviewed, and with his cooperation, Investigators were able to recover both mowers, one from a location near Burlington, WV, and the other from a location near Cumberland. The trailer had been recovered earlier in Mineral County by the Mineral County Sheriff's Office.


            Fink has been charged with two counts of theft and an additional charge of removing or obliterating a serial number. After an initial appearance before a District Court Commissioner, Fink is currently free on personal recognizance pending his next court appearance.

1 comment on this post.
  1. Mark:

    I’m sure the prisons were to blame for this! somehow.

Leave a comment