image description

Garrett County Barn destoyed by fire

January 12th, 2023 by WCBC Radio

The Cumberland Times News reports an electrical malfunction was blamed for causing a predawn fire Thursday that destroyed a two-story barn on Nazelrod Road near Gorman. The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office said the  fire, which was reported by a neighbor at 3:10 a.m., broke out in a loft above a pen and claimed 20 goats, investigators said. Gorman and surrounding volunteer firefighters controlled the blaze in about 15 minutes. The loss was estimated at $100,000.