image description

Fire At Lonconing Business Determined To Be Arson

March 16th, 2014 by WCBC Radio

A team of Deputy State Fire Marshals are investigating an early Saturday morning three alarm fire at Uncle Willie’s Place in Lonaconing. The arson fire heavily damaged the one and a half story wood framed building. The fire was determined to have originated in the basement of the building. The business was a bar which included a kitchen and dace floor area.

 The 4:46 A.M. fire at 15914 Lower George’s Creek Road was discovered by a passing newspaper delivery person who observed smoke coming from the structure. Firefighters called for three alarms which resulted in 70 personnel from Allegany, Garrett, and Mineral Counties to respond. The fire was controlled in ninety minutes with no report of injuries. Damage to the building was most significant in the basement and attic areas. The business is owned by Mr. Paul Arkins and his son Christopher Arkins.

The business is closed as a result of the fire and the building may be a total loss. Damages to the building and contents are estimated at $300,000. The investigation continues at this time. Anyone with information is asked to contact the State Fire Marshal’s Cumberland office at 301-729-5021 or the arson hotline at 1-800-492-7529.

Leave a Reply

 



View Mobile Site