image description

Canal Road Fire Ruled Accidental

June 25th, 2024 by WCBC Radio

Thirty-five firefighters working in the extreme heat on Saturday brought a structure fire under control in 10 minutes along Canal Road near Mexico Farms, One EMS provider was transported from the scene due to the heat. 

The Maryland Office of the State Fire Marshal indicated the preliminary cause of the fire to a manufactured home was the malfunction of a window air conditioner.

Occupants of the home are being assisted by the American Red Cross.  A dog and cat perished in the fire that occurred around 3:30 Saturday afternoon.