image description

Former Oxford house being renovated for new restaurants

September 6th, 2014 by WCBC Radio

The Cumberland Times News reports the building at 127-129 Baltimore St., former home of the Oxford House Restaurant, was purchased by investors and is being renovated. Public records show the site was bought on April 7 by Land Holdings LLC for $42,500. According to Maryland Real Property Assessment and Taxation records, the five-level structure contains 7,900 square feet.  Larry Jackson, an investor in the venture, is a principal at Land Holding LLC. Additionally, Jackson is a partner with Steve Chaney of the local firm Chaney Architects Inc. The pair have been investors in the redevelopment of several other Cumberland buildings in recent years. Jackson and Chaney were principal investors in the rehabilitation of Vista Towers at 217 Glenn St. and the Deal Building, 1512 Glenn St. Jackson told the Times News that the  building has two kitchens and there could be an opportunity for two restaurants

Leave a Reply

 



View Mobile Site