image description

Three Hospitalized After Lonaconing Blaze

May 24th, 2020 by WCBC Radio

Three people were injured Saturday morning when fire broke out at an apartment building in Lonaconing.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal says a toaster malfunction caused the fire at 20 Front Street, and that two of the injured occupied the unit where the fire occurred.  The third had an unspecified medical condition.

Goodwill Volunteer Fire Company led the effort of 75 firefighters, who took an hour to bring the fire under control. Damage is said to be over $200,000.

Leave a Reply



View Mobile Site